The most-recent 2008 edition of the Film Finance Handbook, with contributions from over 40 experts from 30 countries is available digitally, in DRM-free ePub, Kindle and PDF versions. It covers:
- All forms of film finance explained in short accessible articles;
- In-depth international incentives (tax breaks and public money) for 50 countries (and dozens of states and regions), written in collaboration with the legal experts in each country, in language that makes sense to the rest of us;
- Details of 1000 funding awards from over 300 bodies;
- The internet as a film studio - how to use the web for fund-raising, marketing and distribution;
- Cutting budgets, a guide to microbudget and low-fi digital techniques;
- Dozens of case studies and interviews, including Oscar-winning producer Jeremy Thomas (Naked Lunch, the Last Emporer), Amanda Posey (Brooklyn, An Education) crowd-funding pioneer Jim Gilliam (Brave New Films), Susan Buice and Arin Crumley (Four Eyed Monsters), Roy Disney, Gus van Sant, Nik Powell (The Crying Game, Twentyfourseven, NFTS), Patty Jenkins (Wonderwoman, Monster), Mira Nair (Monsoon Wedding, Salaam Bombay) and Paul Haggis (Crash).